Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What We Ate Before Going Back Home

I really should try to get better at doing this in a timely manner......
Anyway....

Spinach and Artichoke Dip - Good Eats Seriously, it's spinach artichoke dip, we love this stuff! I tend to add a bit more seasonings, and used seasoned marinaded artichokes. YUM!
Avolemono - Jewish (p. 117) More of an eh. It's lemony and eggy soup. Kind of odd, not terrible, but don't see making this again.
Beetroot & Potato Salad - Jewish (p. 347) It reminded me of my favorite Ethiopian beet and potato salad. I loved it! DH wouldn't eat it, but he hates cold potatoes.
Bean, Cheese & Rice Burritos - My Own Yummy!
Greek Spaghetti - Better Than PB&J (p. 72) I've made this once before. It's quick, easy and yummy! I double the amount of veggies in it though and add a bit more cheese.
Red Currant Mini Cakes - Here YUM! A great way to use the small amount of currants that I got from my tiny little bushes.
Wild Strawberry Mini Cakes Same thing but topped with wild strawberries picked from the yard.
Strawberry Jam Yummy! Just followed the recipe in the pectin box.
Strawberry Rhubarb Jam Again yum! And went basically off of the box.

No comments: