Friday, June 25, 2010

I Have Not Been Good About This......

So I need to work on updating this more. Since it's been awhile, and I really liked some things I made, I'm just going to put a huge list down because...
1. It's easier
2. I'm lazy
3. Really these lists are for myself to remind myself of dishes I really liked, and make it easier to figure out what dish I'm trying to think of or in which of my books it's in.

So here goes....
What we ate the week or so before our last trip back to IL.

Fasolada - Jewish (p.112) A yummy hearty bean and veg soup.
Old Country Mushroom, Beans & Barley Soup - Jewish (p. 113) Another veg soup with peas, beans, and barley. Yum.
A Pottage of Lentils - Jewish (p. 122) A lentil soup, I only blended half of it because DH likes his chunky. Good, but I believe DH said a bit too much lemon for him.
Mushroom Soup - Local Newspaper Clipping A good creamy mushroom soup.
Vegetable Saute - Food Network - Good Eats I generally like his recipes, and this is no exception. A basic veg stir-fry, what's not to like.
Sweet Potato Walnut Burritos - 3 Bowls (p. 84) I've made this several times because we both like it a lot, and it's fairly easy to make.
Fava Bean Soup - PB&J (p.37) Good, better than the first time when I made it with dry fava beans. The jarred ones had a completely different flavor.
Fava Bean, Lemon & Parmesan Risotto - 30 Minute Vegetarian (p. 48) I love this, DH though it was a bit to lemony. It wasn't quite as good as a leftover though. Next time I'll probably just make a half batch.
Soba Noodle Soup - My own I made this up as I went along. Basically veggies, braggs, and noodles. I believe I also put in garlic, I should probably write it down when I'm making it up as I go.

After we got back from IL......
Tzimmes - Jewish (p.380) A bit on the too sweet side. Next time if I made it I wouldn't add any honey, it didn't need it at all. We ended up adding the leftovers to our falafels and that was pretty good, better than on it's own.
Cauliflower with Tomatoes and Cumin - Jewish (p. 391) It's similar to Indian food, so we liked it.
Orange & Green Salad - PB&J (p. 39) Kind of weird. Didn't care for the combination of cucumber and oranges. I think this would be good without the cucumber maybe.
Firefighter French Fries - PB&J (p. 46) Sweet potato french fries... Of course it's super yummy!
Lettuce Wraps - PB&J (p. 62) Yum!
Howlin Hummus - PB&J (p.47) I add more garlic and spice. We love hummus though.
Cheese Dumplings - Jewish (p. 378) I seem to be incapable of making decent dumplings, though DH did like these.
Pita Bread - My own It's pita bread, it's simply good.
Falafel - PB&J (p. 58) For the pita sandwiches. Yum!

About 2 weeks ago......
Halloumi & Grape Salad - Jewish (p. 358) Oh dear god this was good! I added extra grapes to mine. Salty and sweet, just oh so good!
Italian Style Potaoes - PB&J (p. 55) We aren't really a fan of this. It's rather heavy, and it's like spaghetti, but with potatoes. Eh.
Bulgur Wheat & Veggies - PB&J (p. 71) Made this with couscous instead since I have aton of that and very little Bulgur wheat.
Greek Spaghetti - PB&J (p. 72) DH and I agree this is yummy! Another plus is that it's simple and quick to make.
Soup with Knaidlach - Jewish (p.134) DH and I would call this Matza Ball soup. It's good! DH loved it, and said it's the best he's had. He's was also really happy since he hasn't had any since becoming a vegetarian.

Last Week......
Fresh Cabbage Shchi - Jewish (p. 124) We liked this, it's pretty close to my Betty Crocker Russian Cabbage Soup. I do prefer Betty's version though.
Potatoes and Onions - Jewish (p. 388) It's just fried potatoes and onions, basic but tasty.
Chickpea soup with Spinach - Jewish (p. 133) Yummy, simple tasting soup.

This Week......
Couscous Tacos - PB&J (p. 76) It's good, but WOW! That's a lot of filling! Next time maybe cut it in half?
Salad with Watermellon & Feta Cheese - Jewish (p. 348) Sounds like a weird combination, but oh is it super good! Num! Num! Num!
Avacado, Orange & Almond Salad - Jewish (p. 74) Another one that sounds like a weird combo, but is oh my goodness yummy!

No comments: